[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4734: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4736: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4737: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Pinoy Percussion Freaks Forum • View topic - Operation Revival

Operation Revival

Contains site-related announcements and rules and regulations of the PPF Central.

Operation Revival

Postby christen » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:25 pm

christen
PPF Events Moderator

Freak Points: 22,684.83 Freak Points

Re: Operation Revival

Postby habble » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:15 pm

Ngayon mo lang napansin yung eggryan =))

One thing that I can think of is shutting down the FB group and limit it as a page.

Another thing is let users log in here via Facebook.

I prefer the former though. XD

DM SP: 1184.41
DMXG SP: 5837.73
habble
PPF Administrator

Freak Points: 29.56 Freak Points

Postby sketch » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:16 pm

We should make this a Global Thread, so people can see it faster.

Perhaps we should make a "tour" or "tutorial" of some sort in the forums for newbies?
Something that would tell them what kind of sub-forums we have, and ideal threads where they can post.
Kung ako kasi ang newbie dito, I'd be a bit overwhelmed sa dami ng threads na andito na agad.
sketch
PPF Administrator

Freak Points: 29,409.87 Freak Points

Postby habble » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:12 am

^ This.

Okay, global time for now.

habble
PPF Administrator

Postby deadkarrot » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:33 pm

deadkarrot
Regular

Freak Points: 19,032.90 Freak Points

Postby christen » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:00 pm

Hmn actually, madami-dami nga yung sub-forums natin. We can actually do a little bit of cleanup first. Kasi kaya naman natin hinati to kasi nacu-clutter yung general forum natin dati.

Like for example siguro, we can merge the gaming forums since di naman siguro mapupuno agad yun based sa activity natin. Applicable din sa ibang forums.
christen
PPF Events Moderator

Postby habble » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:59 pm

Then we should.

After that, what's teh next step?

habble
PPF Administrator

Postby sketch » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:14 pm

It might be a good and bad idea, but "flash games" where people use their Freak Points might be something we should look at.
sketch
PPF Administrator

Postby Ghost » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:32 pm

The forum is also good to place some tips and tricks with DM. Files for DTX Creation and also some tutorial vids.
Games, Roleplay, and also The Marketplace can also be found here.
since we have a chat box here it wont be a problem chatting.

the FB page will be a good message board too. for quick updates and postings on the forum itself. but as for the real count of members the forum will always be best.

But as I can see, the FB page is used for random DMGF related posts. if we limit that randomness to have the admins of the FB page approve the posts. then the volume can be limited and some of the randomness can be found here at the forum, or rather have the people who like random be on their own Shrine or spot or whatever. IMHO, I don't mind random pictures of people playing DM or posting an achievement, but they can do that here too right?

I am not sure how to beat the FB page. but the Log in using FB is nice >.< we will be able to see who are the old members that use the old log ins and the new members that log in using Facebook. or the Old members that use the Facebook log in XD

Sketch's Idea of the Flash game using Freak points is awesome. I can also see that as a way to download songs for your DTX, 'in order to download a song you must pay this much of freak points' and 'if the download fails and freak points are deducted just send a screenshot to have it re-downloaded' or something like that.

I also remember the sub-groups that happened before. I think I joined PPFAP and got closer to the other members in that sub-group. making more friends in the process. Since before we were the little kids, prolly they feel the same.
Veridis Quo` | "To Where (it's) Green"
Ghost
Novice

Freak Points: 6,075.24 Freak Points

Postby Chii » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:07 am

Ang cute ng download songs idea ni Ghost! And a newbie tour would sound awesome. That's what got me through Gaia Online, a long time ago =))

Maybe we need more community-based mini-projects like what Eggryan attempted to start, pero kelangan nya ng kasama na kapwa pioneers XD Nung people were making community-based fanfics, when the wiki project was alive (sorry na hahaha), when sub-groups were hanging out online in their shrines, aside from the main games happening like TWG and now, hopefully, The Resistance, ang daming rason para maglogin.

Maybe now we can't expect the same people to come back because yun nga, life goes on XD Pero kung may bagong batch ng people who just mill here for the above mentioned and/or more, and we give them reason to keep coming back, renaissance na yan :D
カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!
Chii
Novice

Freak Points: 26,513.38 Freak Points

Postby XtraRyce » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:13 pm

I support this idea, mainly because I actually consider Facebook as a shallow community source. I discussed this with Edd some time ago (like yesterday).

The music simulation games community in general is a dying breed nowadays, especially in this scope (DM/GF, and other band-related music sims), now that the current trend is at Next-Gen dance games (Just Dance, Dance Central), and probably some new releases of DDR.

I don't have any ideas at the moment because my mind is till occupied with my thesis but be sure I'll contribute to this once I have or see some ideas in this thread.

EDIT: Also, I might go back to the simfile business para mas mahikayat ang tao pumunta ng PPF Parties XD

EDIT 2: Dammit, I miss you guys D:
XtraRyce
Extreme

Freak Points: 28,576.52 Freak Points

Postby sketch » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:17 am

Awwww... It's nice to see you back, Matt.

Before I rush to work, I got an idea. We need more discussion threads. My first idea is to make a "Song of the Day" thread, we pick a song and let people talk about its chart, their achievements, or whatever memory they have related to that song.

Other threads should include updated content, fighting games, RPGs, etc.
sketch
PPF Administrator

Postby habble » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:47 pm

And we should merge and prune obsolete topics and threads.

:-bd

habble
PPF Administrator

Postby christen » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:25 pm

Oo nga eh. Daming topic na last update is 2013 pa. Meron pang 2012.
christen
PPF Events Moderator

Postby sketch » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:47 am

Medyo ma-trabaho yun, pero 4 naman tayo sa ad-mod team, so it's not impossible.

Also, would we need additional help with the ideas already mentioned?
sketch
PPF Administrator

Next

Return to Special announcements